Why Choose GavinWood?
Integrity, Service, Design, Craftsmanship, Construction Methods, Materials.
Integrity: We have earned the trust of the community for over 36 years. Ask our current, and past, clients. We stand behind our work.
Service: Our aim is to be as helpful as possible to our clients. We go out of our way to accommodate any preferences regarding a project, including meeting schedules, designing, special ordering materials, and developing specialized processes. Unusual site conditions can be easily worked into the design, without sacrificing the overall functionality of the conceptual drawings.
We are able to service any last minute change order requests, or remedy problems, without having to resort to mainland solutions. Our response to any homeowner or contractor request is immediate. We consider ourselves part of a team whose goal is to keep the project on schedule, while ensuring the highest quality completed work.
Design: GavinWood has had extensive experience designing all styles of kitchens and baths, and can generate computer drawings of proposed configuration options. We routinely fine tune any architectural drawings submitted for the initial design consideration. We work with both the professionals and the homeowner, to finalize the best possible combination of layout and style details. See an example of a computer 3D drawings of a proposed configuration below, along with an example of the technical drawing for the same job.
Craftsmanship: Each piece is custom built specifically for each customer. We realize that different clientele have different ideas for their particular project, and we enjoy working with them to assure that what we build meets or exceeds their every wish. We take great pride in our work, and have developed specific procedures and techniques to help us in our goal to produce the finest cabinetry available. Our processes often take more time than some other shops, which is our investment for our customers’ long term satisfaction.
• ¾” plywood cabinet boxes rabbeted, glued, and screwed.
• Wood edge banding, or 1/8” solid wood edging, available on cabinet boxes.
• Dovetailed or lockjoint drawer boxes. Standard side mount full extension slides, or premium Blumotion soft close undermount slides.
• Custom sizing allow unlimited design flexibility. We are capable of fabricating all types and styles of cabinetry and built-in units.
• ¾” plywood adjustable shelves.
• Custom made interior accessories, or installation of factory accessories.
• Separate toe kicks allow easy installation, routing path for utilities.
• Staining and spraying done in GavinWood shop. Spray booth allows consistent high quality finish.
• Standard finish is satin catalyzed conversion varnish. Much more durable than standard lacquer finish.
Materials: We choose premium wood, hardware, and supplies, realizing that this is a key ingredient in producing a premium product. Our suppliers go out of their way to provide us with both excellent materials, and excellent service. We want our work to please our clients for years to come, so we use only the finest components, to support our company’s dedication to outstanding, long term, results.
Computer 3D drawings of a Proposed New Kitchen Configuration
We look forward to talking with you about your project, to see how we may best help you.
Mailing Address: 905 Kalanianaole Hwy, Spc. 2601, Kailua, HI 96734
Please note our mailing address in not the same as our actual location. Click for directions.
Technical Drawing for the Same Job